Dr Akannksha Sharma- World Famous Gold medalist Astrologer & Magical Manifestation Coach
Diwali or Deepavali , is a festival of lights and is one of the major festivals celebrated in India.
Being One of the most popular festivals of Hinduism, Diwali symbolizes the spiritual “victory of light over darkness, good over evil, and knowledge over ignorance”. The festival which is celebrated Kartik Amavasya, is widely associated with Lakshmi, the goddess of prosperity and Ganesha, god of wisdom and the remover of obstacles and is celebrated on the new moon day. Furthermore, it is a celebration of the day Lord Rama returned to his kingdom in Ayodhya with his wife Sita and his brother Lakshman after defeating the demon Ravana in Lanka and serving 14 years of exile.
Eclipse in astrology provide the kind of cosmic shake-up that you may or may not be ready for. Religiously speaking, the eclipse is considered unlucky, and any kind of auspicious work is forbidden during this duration, but do you know, Solar Eclipses are also about manifesting and inviting abundance into your life. Having a more abundant attitude in your day-to-day life, via positive thinking, meditation, and mindfulness can bring all those juicy new prospects you wish for.
In astronomy, a new moon marks the first lunar phase. The original meaning of the term is the first visible crescent of the moon, which is briefly visible when it’s low above the western horizon just after the sun has gone down. As a new moon represents the start of a new lunar cycle, it symbolises new beginnings.
People use the energy of a new moon to achieve their goals or start on a new project.
They also reflect on their old goals and set themselves new ones.
This year the Festival of Lights, Diwali is falling on 24th October, which is obviously the new moon day, followed by the powerful and the last Solar eclipse of 2022 on 25th of October.
Let’s see how we can use these powerful energies to manifest the life we desire-
Dos and Donts for Diwali-
- To get maximum benefits of any occasion, I always advice to start with detoxing of the house, giving away unwanted stuff, clearing the energy of the home. When negativity has been removed, we make space for good things to happen. And also we have been taught that Maa Lakshmi loves clean home and visit those whose house are beautifully decorated and cleaned completely.
- Main door is the inlet of the energy, opportunities and success, so clean your main door, beautify it with banana leaves and marigold flower to invite abundance in your home.
- On the day of Diwali, you can also offer turmeric to the goddess Lakshmi.
- Offer lotus flower to Goddess Lakshmi and Durba to Ganapati.
- Avoid gifting leather or plastics in any form.
- Wear bright happy colour new Cloths to please Goddess Lakshmi.
- Only gift those items, which you would love to receive as gifts.
Use this Divine energy for letting go and initiating manifestation-
Once the house is all cleansed and decorated with flowers and fragrances, let us clean our thoughts , Blockages and negativity inside us. Sit in a meditative position, Take few deep breaths. Calm yourself down. First of all take a paper and write down all the issues, blockages in your life. Once done, hold this paper in between your palms and feel all the problems as you have mentioned on this paper and going away from your life. Feel it, see it and observe it. Then burn this paper using a candle and throw the ashes in the dustbin or flush them out of your life. Feel the calmness and lightness in your life.
Now we are absolutely ready to manifest our dream life. Lit a ghee diya or a yellow candle.
Calm yourself down with deep breaths, close your eyes and visualise the life of your dreams as it’s happening now. Feel the feeling of happiness, goosebumps and immense gratitude this manifestation is brining in your life. Stay in the emotion, and write all these manifestations in present tense in your gratitude journal. Feel the joy today and everyday before sleeping by holding this journal in between your palms, the happiness of the manifestations coming true in your life.
Dos and Donts for Solar eclipse-
- Avoid chopping, cutting cooking and eating during Solar Eclipse. And avoid sleeping as well.
- Keep the energies of your home high by reciting mantras and shlokas, or you can also play them on YouTube, if you are unable to chant.
- Though it is advised to avoid eating during the time of grahan, but if you need to eat, you can add few tulsi leaves or Darbha grass to the food before eating, to nullify the negative effects of the grahan.
- Do not plan for anything or undertake any new project while the grahan period is going on on 25th October.
- Never look at the eclipse with naked eye.